Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Whew...

Mahiya does not like to be laid on the floor. She wants to be held all the time. She was like that even before she coded. She would be crying the whole time during her each diaper change. The scary part is if she gets really upset she will hold her breath and her heart rate drops. Usually her breath holding spell lasts for few seconds and she will start breathing normally. Blowing on her face helps, but after transplant I am scared of doing that, as I don't want to give her my germs. This afternoon, she was in my lap and then I had to go send my older one off to school, so I asked the nurse to watch her and put her down. She immediately got very upset and started crying. She held her breath, I immediately picked her up and was trying to calm her. But she would not calm, she held her breath for so long that I started freaking out. She could not let go. Her face started turning little blue, I thought she was going to pass out. I got so scared that I could not think, then suddenly blowing came to mind. I did not care about germs and blew on her face twice and she immediately stopped crying and took a deep breath. Then she just had her eyes wide open and staring at me without any expression on her face, as if she was in a shock. I got very worried. I wanted to make sure that she was OK. I grabbed my phone and played one of her favorite video and she started smiling.... whew what a relief.....

2 comments:

  1. Narmada,
    I'm so glad you gave me your blog address. I was reading your earlier blogs and I wanted to let you know Grace never made eye contact. I was told she would be inconsolable. She is a delight and has a very easy personality. She has learned how to walk and is now eating. No she has not received her transplant yet, we are still waiting.
    Thinking about you often,
    Jenny O'Masta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,
    Thanks for your comment. I was thinking about you too. You and shana are a huge inspiration to me. When I am falling apart I think of you, I really do. You gave me strength in the hospital and even now.
    I am hoping Grace will get a perfect transplant. Will keep you in my thoughts always.
    Thanks
    Narmada

    ReplyDelete